Saturday 2 March 2013

Reflection


I felt that this Performance Task was very enriching and joyful because it required a lot of critical thinking as well as hands-on. The most challenging part was to choose which ingredients to use since I wanted to get the best nutritional value out of the dish, to the best I could. There were many other options such as using zucchini and pine nuts in my dish. However, I chose the best ingredients possible, considering that too many things in the dish would make it too overwhelming. Using the tools from HPB also enriched me with more knowledge of my dish, allowing me to evaluate the results and hence, reflect upon how my dish could have been better.

After this whole process of planning to execution, I feel that I could have done better at certain parts. Firstly, I feel that I should have researched more about a balanced diet before choosing the ingredients for my dish. I felt that I was a bit disorganized when listing out the ingredients and there was room for improvement. Also, I feel that during the practical itself, I should not have left all the washing to the end. Initially, at home, I had planned that I would leave all the washing to the last so that I can carefully watch over as I do not want overcooked food. However, only after seeing the peer evaluation rubric on the day itself did I realize that there was a criteria about keeping the sink clean and uncluttered. Therefore, I was very confused and in great panic as to when I could wash the dishes in the middle. Hence, I decided to keep to my plan about washing everything in the end since making the dish did not require many utensils. 

All in all, I found this experience very fun and enjoyable as it was the first time cooking all by myself! I look forward to more of such modules. 

No comments:

Post a Comment